Thursday, September 23, 2010

Don't Just Say It, DO IT!

Ok the pressure is really on now.  I was in the office the other day and two of the ladies I work with were talking about blogs and without any hesitation I joined in the conversation and I said, "I have a blog too."  Time suddenly stopped for me and everything went in slow motion.  What had I done?  I obviously overloaded my mouth before I engaged my brain!  Both ladies looked at me and asked questions about my blog.  What do I do, what do I say, I'm still a total rookie with this whole "Blog Thing".  I don't know what I'm doing so why on earth did I respond, "I have a blog too."  Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself, but there's a reason for everything right.  Perhaps it's a good thing....

So like I said at the start, "the pressure is really on now."  Perhaps it a good thing that others know I'm writing a blog.  Maybe that will keep me in line so to speak when going down the "New Road" I've planned for myself.  I've made some progress on some of the items I outlined in my previous post but today it became apparent to me that it's a lot easier to "Say It" than it is to "DO IT".  Now I've actually put stuff in writing and others can see it too.  That means I have now come to a fork in my "New Road" and the fork on the Left says "Say It" and the fork on the right says "DO IT".   

(Notice the slight political humor there.  You can bank on the fact that I'll take the "Right Fork" every time.  I'm not a big fan of all this "Hope & Change" on the Left.  I'm more of a Traditional, Old Fashion, Conservative, God, Guns, and Flag kind of guy!)  

Back to the fork in the "New Road"...  So I'm only twenty days into this and these two ladies at work unknowingly were the fork in the "New Road" for me.  Was I writing a blog just for me and talking about stuff, or was I actually going to actively try to make some changes in my life?  Well, I thought about that on my drive home from work last night and realized that in the past twenty days I've done pretty well at some of the things and not quite as well as some of the others.  However, this "New Road" isn't just some little 100 yard dash it's more like the Boston Marathon.  I'm not going to learn to play guitar in one day, I'm not going to be able to read the Bible in one day nor am I going to be able to start a business of my one in one day.  Each of these things will require time, effort and focus in order to accomplish and do correctly.  I would imagine that becoming an organ donor takes a little more than just a signature on the back of your Driver's License as well.  Have you ever looked at the back of your Driver's License?  In Missouri it takes two witnesses to your signature to become an organ donor.  That's something I didn't know until just now when I paused while writing this to take out my License and look.  Will you become an organ donor?  I haven't signed mine yet.  I'm still thinking about it to make sure it's the right thing to do for me.  But when I make that decision and I know my 1st witness will be my wife.  I think I'll ask Steve's wife, Melissa, to be my second witness.  After all many of the things I've been talking about are as a result of Steve's passing and Melissa's writings so it would only seem fitting to ask her to be my second witness.

So what's it going to be?  Are you just going to "Say It" or are you going to "DO IT"....  

2 comments:

  1. So I found this article on msn during lunch today and it made me think of your post. I can't image how many lives your friend has touched because of his organ donation:

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39456266/ns/today-today_health?GT1=43001

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be honored to be your second person!

    ReplyDelete