Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Corvette For Her Birthday!

What a great Labor Day weekend!!!!  The weather was wonderful, except for the occasional storm, but Sunday and Monday were nothing short of perfection.  We rented a boat and took the family out on the lake on Sunday and did some fishing and swimming and had a great time.  We didn't catch anything but it didn't matter it was the time spend with family that counted!

Yesterday was Carissa's birthday and she got a really amazing present!  A 1994 British Racing Green Chevrolet Corvette with a 6 Speed....   She said the acceleration was amazing and she really loved the car!  Oh, wait a minute....  I forgot a few important words in that previous sentence..


Carissa got  a ride in a 1994 British Racing Green Chevrolet Corvette with a 6 Speed....   Grandma and Grandpa came in for Carissa's Birthday and Grandpa took her for a ride in their Corvette.  Notice the big smile on her face!!!  That was before she got to go for the ride.  You should have seen the look on her face when she got out of the car after the ride!!!  She's 14 and she's already been talking about driving...  Great, Now Grandpa gives her a taste of what a Corvette feels like.  I'm sure I'll be hearing about how cool that car is for the next two years! 

Carissa was invited to go up and watch the Football team scrimmage on her birthday and Grandpa thought it would be cool to give her a ride in the Vette.  Great!  I have a daughter who is anxious to drive and she's getting invited to go watch Football Scrimmage by one of the players.  Yes, I just got more grey hair on Monday!!!  Ugh!  

Attention boys!!!   
Here's a little info about me:  I like to go hunting and I have several friends in the Military, one of whom is an F-16 Fighter Pilot and some are US Navy SEALS.  I work with many MMA Fighters and I have a really, really fast car.  My philosophy about dating my daughter can be summed up in this song: Rodney Atkins "Cleaning This Gun" 

Now I'd like to get to know a little more about you:  Name, age, address, phone number, social security number, next of kin, report card, background check, etc.   Once you've filled out all this information you'll be provided with a GPS unit that has a timer on it.  You'll be required to get it back to me before the alarm goes off.  If there are any questions refer to the song above for clarification.

Naturally I'm only kidding about the items above, ok maybe just a few, actually I'm only kidding about one.  I'll let you figure out which one I'm joking about....  

Yes, I'm getting more grey hair with each passing birthday.  She's in 8th grade and she's getting invited to Football Scrimmage.  I'm not quite ready for this yet.  It seems like just yesterday she was playing with dolls and playing dress up....  

No comments:

Post a Comment