Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Apple For My Teacher!

Thankful for your FREEDOM, thank a VET!

Thankful for your SAFETY, thank the MILITARY, FIREMEN & POLICE!

Thankful for your KNOWLEDGE, thank a TEACHER!!!

I went to College with many aspiring teachers years ago and now I'm married to one as well.  My wife Wendy and I met at my best friends house on May 26, 1990, I proposed on May 26, 2000 and we were married on May 26, 2001.   To make a long story short, our paths had separated in the Fall of 1990 because we went to different colleges.  I went to Northwest in Maryville and she was at the University of Florida in Pensacola.  It's now the Summer of 1999 and we hadn't seen each other or talked in 10 years.  I was working at Q104 and covering traffic one afternoon and Wendy had just recently been transferred back to Kansas City.  She was driving home listening to the radio and recognized my voice.  She called the radio station and actually got through on the request line, which is a miracle all by itself.  The rest is history...  Ironically she called me on 7-26-99 and it showed 5:26pm on her cell phone bill.  So yes, the number 526 has some special meaning to each of us, but that's not why I wrote this entry.  That's just back ground info.

Family is the most important thing of all and I'm so grateful for mine!  I couldn't ask for a more wonderful friend than my wife Wendy.  She has her degree in Accounting and she left a really fantastic career with State Street nearly 8 years ago to stay home with the kids.  At that time we were expecting Tyler and Carissa was only 7.  Shortly after Tyler was born we started looking for a bigger house and moved from Lee's Summit to Grain Valley.  Little did we know, when we planned to move, that Grain Valley was building a new grade school in our subdivision.  School is only 4/10ths of a mile from the house and Wendy started to sub in the School District and pretty soon she had a full time position as the Computer Teacher at Prairie Branch Elementary, where she's been for the past 6 years.  We couldn't ask for anything better because she's there with the kids during the day and home when they get home.  The Grain Valley Newspaper The Pointe just recently did an article about the School District and how they're using new technology in the classroom and it was Wendy's classroom that they featured in the article.  So here's an Apple For My Teacher, Wendy!  I still can't believe they misspelled her name in the photo.  They got it right everywhere else BUT the photo...

We're all where we are today because of our teachers!  Have you thanked your teacher today?


http://www.grainvalleypointe.com/articles/2010/11/03/school/doc4cd058ea9adaa760175782.txt

Congratulations sweetie...  I know the article was about the School District as a whole but I'm so proud of you!  You're so good at your job and the kids just love you!  It's funny because years ago when I was in radio it seemed like everywhere we went we'd run into people that knew me.  My how the times have changed!!!  Now everywhere we go all I hear is, "Mrs. Hagan...  Mrs. Hagan....  Mrs. Hagan!"  It's really cool to see the kids come running up to her to say hello....

No comments:

Post a Comment